Saturday, February 23, 2013

Veratu - "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici" [2009]

Artist: Veratu
Title: Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Genre: Avant-garde Black Metal
Country: USA
Release date: 2009

Track List:
  1. I. I've Travelled from the Pleiades...
  2. II. The Restless Dead
  3. III. Devils of American Lore
  4. IV. The HAARP of Fallen Angels
  5. V. To Breathe the Bone Dust of Wizards
  6. VI. The Brown Dwarf Rügen
  7. VII. Stomp Me into my Fucking Coffin
  8. VIII. Indrid Cold
  9. IX. Sorcery Incensed by Autumn
  10. X. Gaia Drinks from my Corpse
  11. XI. 322
One-line review of this album: very interesting concept, but rather poor quality of its execution. The opening track, "I've Travelled from the Pleiades" is great - excellent "cosmic" industrial black metal, reminds me of Thy Catafalque. However, the rest of the album turned out to be much less interesting. The quality of production is also much poorer on these tracks (yes, such kind of sound may be very suitable for "true" black metal, but not for avant-garde BM). Anyway, their imagery and lyrics are interesting, as well as their musical ideas, so I hope they'll reach the status of one of the leading avant-garde BM bands sooner or later.


No comments:

Post a Comment